Inspired by revolutionary movement expert Ido Portal, once a year The A Life will do a 30 day community Squat Challenge.
The results and feedback from our community is mind blowing! Improved posture, reduced hip pain, better digestion plus a more comfortable resting deep squat!
Ready to give the challenge a go on your own? Below is everything you need to know!
- For 30 days, commit to sitting in a deep squat for 30 minutes per day. If this is unattainable for you, start where you are at and build up the minutes each day. (It is an accumulation of minutes throughout the day)
- Use the stopwatch on your phone to track your time in a deep squat
- Knee pain? Hip pain? stand up and move around. Resume the squat and work in small short bursts of squatting throughout the day.
- Spine and hips are relaxed in the squat, hips can be at a comfortable distance apart
- No footwear to be worn whilst squatting
Before you start!!
Take a before photo! This is one of the most important things to do, so you can visually see improvement after 30 days..
Can’t get your heels down or fall over when trying to balance in a squat? Here are some great beginner variations we highly recommend.
Head over to THE A LIFE IGTV for weekly bonus challenges/routines to do throughout the 30 days. And here are just a few points to remember:
- Some tingling and discomfort is normal to start with as the body adapts to this position. But don’t push through pain, if you have any knee, hip or lower back pain use the variations above and do small bursts, slowly building up.
- Remember this is meant to be a comfortable resting position. So it is important to keep things natural when in a squat, ie. move around, reach and pick things up, read or eat in this position. This tells the bodys neuromuscular system this is a new normal!
- Stretch things out. During the month I encourage you to maybe give some extra stretches to your calves, hips, adductors and glutes – this will all help you access a deep squat.
- Do this challenge with a friend to help keep you accountable for the entire 30 days. Consistency is key and will give you the biggest results!
If you do this challenge at home, please tag us or send us email! We are here to help and would love to see your before and after photo!