You're using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Chicken San Choy Bow
Bow down to this super simple but very tasty 15 minute meal.
Mix up the protein or make it vegetarian with tempeh. Add your own creative flare or stick to the basic.
This meal provides you with a hearty source of protein, good fats and essential nutrients.
Let’s dig in!
Time: 15 minutes
GF, DF (Ve optional)
- 500g of chicken breast, diced into 2cm chunks – mince can also be used
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 200g of sliced red cabbage
- Cos lettuce, 1 bunch
- Coriander, 1/3-1/2 bunch (depending on size)
- Olive oil, salt + pepper
Asian Style Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Finely dice the onion and set aside.
- Dice the chicken breast into 2cm chunks and set aside.
- Warm a fry pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and allow it to brown before turning – this may take 5 minutes. Turn once and allow to the other side to brown. Once browned, toss freely in the pan until cooked through. This may take 15 minutes all up. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice your cabbage into thin pieces. Place in a serving bowl and roughly break over coriander. Toss together with a dash of olive oil, the juice of ½ lemon and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry your cos lettuce leaves and set aside.
- Slice the avocado and set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Now you are ready to assemble your san choy bow! Start with the cos lettuce leaf, add your cabbage, avocado and top with chicken. Add a 1-2 tsp of dressing and voila. Dinner is served!
You can get meal plans, easy recipes and more when you visit Annalise for a Nutrition Consultation at The A Life. Book in for you free Nutrition consultation Assessment today!
Annalise Maddrell (Resident Nutritionist)
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/thealife/public_html/wp-content/themes/thealife/_inc/instagram-feed.php on line 25
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thealife/public_html/wp-content/themes/thealife/_inc/instagram-feed.php on line 25
want to be first to know about new classes and special offers? subscribe to my newsletter!