You're using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Tight hips and lower back? Try these 5 things right now!
If you have been sitting long hours at work, it is quite common to get tightness in the hips and lower back. Why? Because we are not designed to be in one position for hours on end. I am not here to tell you to quit your job, but I can tell you what you can do to help those aches and tightnesses.
Firstly, I know the holidays are just around the corner but do not thrash out your workload, ignoring your pain hoping that it will go away the moment you get to your first wine and relax – because it will only build up more stress on the body.
- Stay hydrated. Seems so simple right? But our muscles rely on minerals, electrolytes and water for normal muscle tone and function. Rule this cause out straight away by keeping up with your filtered water consumption
- Keep moving. Take regular movement breaks. Put a timer on your phone for every hour, and not only get up out of your chair but to complete a stretch for a minute or repeat an exercise to create space in your joints. Mobility is key!
– my favourite ones are a standing quad stretch, calf raises, standing twist or just get outside and go for a walk
- Use a ball or roller to release your tight muscles and trigger points. Check out a few of my favourites here. A couple of minutes rolling out your glutes against a wall can go a long way! (please ask me if you don’t know how)
- Magnesium. It is such an amazing mineral to support the body during stressful times! See our blog on Magnesium here to find out if you are deficient.
- De-stress and relax in an epsom salt bath. Taking a warm bath is one of the best things you can do for your body, and adding in magnesium salts and essential oils is even better for your muscle tension.Because we are here to support you, when you book an Osteopathic treatment at The A life in the month of December you will receive our complimentary hand blended magnesium soak. You can book your appointment online here.We hope this tips help you get through tothe end of the year pain free and in good health so you can enjoy beautiful moments with your loved ones.
In good health,
The A Life Team
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
want to be first to know about new classes and special offers? subscribe to my newsletter!