You're using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Healthy Chicken & Cashews
A very indulgent meal, made that little bit better for you!
My favourite low-carb alternative is cabbage, and I’ve used shredded cabbage in this recipe as a replacement for the traditional rice noodles. Of course, if you are making this meal for family and friends you can still incorporate rice noodles into the occasion, but where low-carb eating is concerned it’s the perfect substitute.
This is dish is one of many delicious meals that are part of our 8 Weeks to Thrive Group Program starting Feb 4.
Time: 30 minutes, Feed: 4
500g of chicken breast, sliced
2 capsicums – both red or a combination of different colours
1 bunch spring onions
¼ cup cashews
1/3 cup corn flour or besan flour
½ green cabbage
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp of oyster sauce
1.5 tbsp kecup manis
1 tsp of honey (optional)
- Make stir-fry sauce: combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1-2cm thick strips. Place corn flour or besan flour in a bowl and toss chicken through until well coated.
- Heat fry pan (or wok) over a high heat. Add oil and chicken. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is golden. Remove from fry pan and transfer to a bowl. You may need to do so in 1-2 batches, depending on the size of your fry pan.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the onion and capsicum. Cut the spring onion in 2cm pieces, using predominately the whites. Cut the capsicum into 1cm wide thick strips.
- In the same fry pan, add the onions, capsicum and cashews. Stir-fry for approx.. 5 minutes or until soft and slightly golden.
- While the veggies are cooking, thinly slice the cabbage.
- When the veggies are nearly done, add the cabbage and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until soften.
- Add the chicken and sauce. Cook until chicken is reheated and ensure the cabbage, veg and chicken are well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Annalise Maddrell (Resident Nutritionist)
- Diet evaluation and support
- Weight loss
- Functional Testing
- Gut Health
- Hormone Imbalance
- Stress and Mood Support
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/thealife/public_html/wp-content/themes/thealife/_inc/instagram-feed.php on line 25
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thealife/public_html/wp-content/themes/thealife/_inc/instagram-feed.php on line 25
want to be first to know about new classes and special offers? subscribe to my newsletter!