What’s the hype about Collagen, and why it could be a good option to supplement?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It makes up our connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, skin, muscles) and has functions such as strengthening our bones and improving the structure of our skin. The thing is, as we age we lose the ability to produce the same amounts of collagen.
Top 3 reason’s why our Osteopaths recommend taking Collagen:
1. Helps to maintain the integrity of your cartilage (we love prevention over treatment)
2. Reduces inflammation
3. Increases muscle growth and strength
Liana’s Daily Collagen filled Hot Chocolate
1. Your choice of milk (my fav is Pure Harvest Coconut milk)
2. 1tsp – 1tbs of Cacao Butter (you can get this from the health food shop)
3. 1tsp – 1tbs of Cacao power (depends on how chocolaty you like it)
4. 1 tbp of Collagen (we sell @gelatinaustralia at The A Life)
5. 1 tsp of Coconut sugar (vanilla bean powder can be a good replacement)
Additional extras:- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (who doesn’t like mint/chocolate combo!)
– 1 tsp of mushroom powder or Ashwangda
Heat it up (do not boil), and blend with a stick blender! Sip & enjoy slowly
We stock Gelatin Australia Collagen at The A Life. Let us know if you want to grab one today or make an appointment with one of our Osteopaths here to see if it is right for you.
For further enquiries please get in touch with us via email or just fill out the form below.